What Is the Role of a Graphic Designer?
Graphic Designers create visual concepts to communicate information. They make everything from posters and billboards to packaging, logos, and marketing materials. Graphic Designers use elements such as shapes, colors, typography, images, and more to convey ideas to an audience. Graphic Designers can work in-house, creating designs specifically for one brand, at an agency, or as freelancers, working with various clients.
The role of Graphic Designers varies depending on where they work. Some tasks that designers may work on include selecting photos and typefaces, developing layouts, and designing logos. Graphic Designers may specialize in a particular area, such as motion graphics or print media.
Graphic Designers often need to communicate with clients and consumers to develop designs that portray an intended message. They collaborate with other graphic designers, marketers, business analysts, writers, and programmers to create successful products, campaigns, or websites.
Benefits of Hiring Graphic Designer
Strengthen Your Brand
Attract Prospective Customers
Common Graphic Design Job Description
Graphic Designers have a range of responsibilities depending on their specialty and workplace. Typically, they will meet with clients or art directors to determine design needs. They will combine images, illustrations, and text to bring an idea to life using design software. They may also need to present their ideas and incorporate feedback from colleagues or clients into subsequent drafts.
A typical Graphic Designer job description may include some of these responsibilities:
- Study design briefs and determine requirements
- Advise clients on strategies to engage target audiences
- Identify the best ways to illustrate and communicate clients’ vision while complying with design best practices.
- Create designs using illustration, photo editing, and layout software
- Select colors, images, typography, and layout for communication materials, including websites, logos, signs, books, magazine covers, annual reports, advertisements, and social media posts
- Produce drafts for client review and make revisions based on feedback received
- Collaborate with other team members, such as marketing, sales, and business operations, throughout the various phases of a project
- Review designs for errors before they are printed or published
- Keep up-to-date with the latest design trends, tools, and technologies.